Klean Kanteen is a company dedicated to the concept of sustainability. They believe in a business model of giving back more then they take. They have been running this mission called “bring your own.” This mission is striving to achieve termination of disposable cups, such as paper and styrofoam and promote use of reusable canteens, bottles, mugs, etc. stoppage
WE HAVE A PROBLEM
- We use 58 billion paper cups each year (128 cups per person).
- We throw away 35 billion plastic water bottles each year.
- We produce enough Styrofoam cups every year to circle the earth 436 times.
- In 24 seconds, we will use 44,110 disposable coffee cups.
- If Americans stopped using to-go cups, we would save 160 million cups every day.
- The average US family throws away a carload of plastic every month (including about 60 water bottles).
- Plastic accounts for around 10% of the total waste we generate.
MAKE A CHANGE
As well stated in one of The Ocean Notion’s last Instagram post, buying your own reusable container can actually be stylish and cost effective. Purchasing reusable containers is a great way of doing your part in saving the ocean and reducing outputs of plastics each year.